I pulled into the driveway and headed upstairs while Lindsey finished getting ready. We hopped in the car and drove down into Hollywood to the Silent Movie Theater. It’s this old Silent Movie Theater, the last of it’s kind, that was saved by some movie lovers. They show ‘talkies’ now, but they still show Silents with live pianists/organists, which sounds really cool. We went to the special Halloween show, a Vincent Price double feature with works of William Castle.
It was sold out when we go there, and we put our name on the wait list, and we were the last people to be chosen and seated. The movie was House on Haunted Hill, which was fun. I had never seen it before, and I can’t remember the last Vincent Price movie I watched. It was a lot of fun though, seeing it on the big screen, and the audience seemed to really appreciate that genre.

We decided to leave after the movie and not stay for the second, which was good as I was getting tired as was she since she’s training for a marathon in Catalina. We left the theater and drove around a bit until we found Umami Burger. It turns out burgers are getting big in California like in NY, and this place was pretty good. I got the Umami Burger (have to go with the signature, right?) and fries. It was good…nothing amazing, but a good solid burger. While we were eating a party bus of Halloween-clad drunk kids came in, which was interesting but made it rather loud, and distracted our waiter from paying any attention to us, so it took a while to get out of there. My favorite was the slutty bride.
I drove Lindsey back to her place and changed her bathroom light bulb since I’m tall and she asked. After saying goodbye, I headed back to the 101 South and made my way back to Anaheim.
The bad thing about the time difference on Sundays is that Breakfast with the Beatles is on at 6am. The good thing is that the replay starts at 9pm. I listened to that as I made my way south, and made it to Anaheim in no time. I swung by the Best Western Anaheim Inn where I stayed last year and got a room for the evening. I tried to go to Disneyland for a few hours, but it turns out it was a special Halloween event that required a special ticket…so I walked around downtown Disney for a bit and headed back to the room. I was really tired anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment